BUILDING BLOCKS FOR DEMENTIA CARE
An On-LineTraining Series Offered by the Collaborative Stabilization Coalition of Greater Dane County
The Collaborative Stabilization Coalition (CSC) of Greater Dane County is offering this FREE On-Line training event for direct caregivers of people living with dementia. The series will focus on responding to those crisis situations that may put individuals at risk of losing their current living environment and how YOU can help prevent that from happening. This is a 7 - Part Series made possible by members of the CSC and through a grant from the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
- Session 1 - Building the Foundation – Improve Your Understanding of Alzheimer’s Disease and other dementia related diseases
- Session 2 - Building the Foundation Part II
- Session 3 - The Bricks and Mortar of Dementia Care – Building Your Understanding of the person living with dementia and how to better communicate
- Session 4 - Raising the Roof – What to do when things start to get difficult. How to cope with challenging behavior with a team approach
- Session 5 - Raising the Roof Part II
- Session 6 - Coping in a Crisis with Confidence – Learn how to handle difficult situations and the roles of various community agencies when a difficult situations arise – including Law Enforcement
- Session 7 - Coping in a Crisis with Confidence Part II
This seven part series is designed to be taken together and is offered at no cost on line via ZOOM. Atendees who participate in all 7 sessions may be eligible to receive a financial incentive.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN NOW!
These are the training dates:
- Tuesday, September 22nd - 9 - 11 a.m.
- Tuesday, September 29th, 2 - 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 13th, 9 - 11 a.m.
- Tuesday, October 27th, 9 - 11 a.m.
- Thursday, October 29th, 9 - 11 a.m.
- Tuesday, November 10th, 9 - 11 a.m.
- Thursday, November 12th, 9 - 11 a.m.